Had a collision with an Uninsured Driver? What should you do?

By 28th August 2019 December 30th, 2020 News, Tips/ Advice
Uninsured Driver

Uninsured drivers

It is estimated that there could be as many as 30,000 vehicles on Northern Ireland’s roads which are uninsured. If you are involved in a collision caused by an uninsured or untraced driver, there is no need to panic.

CRASH Services have been assisting many clients in dealing with claims when involved in a collision with an uninsured Driver. These claims are made to the Motor Insurers Bureau, the “MIB” which is a body funded by a mandatory levy paid by all motor insurers in the UK.

The role of the MIB includes that it enters agreements with Government to deal with compensation claims from those who have suffered loss because of a collision caused by uninsured or untraced drivers.

What should I do if I’m hit by an uninsured driver?

Following a collision with any motorist, to include an uninsured or untraced driver it is important to record as much detail as possible at the scene or immediately after about the other vehicle, driver, and accident as you can.

Such detail would include:

  • The colour, make, model, and registration number of the other vehicle involved
  • Description of the other driver to include name, address and telephone details if possible
  • Details of any witnesses to include name, address, and telephone number
  • Details of police who attend the scene or to whom the accident is reported
  • Photographs of the accident scene
  • Photographs of vehicle damage

The aftermath of any road traffic accident is difficult enough without considering the process involved in presenting a claim to the MIB which is started by submission of an 8-page claim form.

CRASH Services are an Accident Management company, who assist motorists who have been involved in a Road Traffic Collisions.

Got a Question? Get in touch today.
Call us on: 028 9066 0244

Uninsured Driver

Leave a Reply